Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Our New Door Mat



We found the perfect door mat! Ours was so faded that we couldn't read the words "welcome". We were out to dinner tonight and decided to stop in at Bed, Bath & Beyond. We looked at several varieties but kept coming back to this one. As we laughed, we both said, "let's get it!".


When we got home, Robin placed it at the front door and I heard him chuckle as he came back inside. Our friends and family will ignore the words, and know they are welcome. As for the rest of the door-knockers, "Leave".


It reminds me of the door mat Allison has: "We love our vacuum cleaner, we gave at the office,
we believe in God."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one pays attention to the mat, they still ring my bell.

Anonymous said...

Do you point to it as you slam the door in their face??

angela | the painted house said...

That's really awful.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a mat like that. What were some of the other mats you chose from? I'll bet you two had fun with it.

Peggy said...

The other mats were the standard "welcome" mats, or plain or decorated. I think people know us well enough to see the humor in it, instead of an insult. I never answer my door anyway unless I'm expecting someone. Too dangerous.