Sunday, August 26, 2007

Good-bye Vegas, Hello Beach

Robin and I decided to cancel our Vegas trip for September. Actually, our businesses decided for us. His is going through a slump, too, and mine has stayed in one lately. I called my vacation club and changed the week for August 29 in Galveston. I had to pay another trade fee, but it was better than losing the week altogether.

We'll be staying at Silverleaf''s Seaside Resort. We have reserved a two bedroom, two bath condo. That's a lot of room for two people but we are hoping Donna and James will go with us. Robin wants to get in some deep-sea fishing and James enjoys that sport as well. As for us Sissies, Donna and I will love being lazy poolside. We've got a year to work on them and convince them that they need sun and sand.

Since we were able to roll over that week to next year, that leaves another week to reserve. Hmmm, wonder where that will be? Well, Bandera, of course! Cheryl and I won't give up that paradise for anything. My Sissy and her friend are welcome, too. Fair warning: we are boring that week. It's total rest, games, and food. Join us if you enjoy a week of non-activity. We do, however, exercise our jaws.

So, Robin has to wait a year for a vacation. As for me, I will spend a week in Georgia with Angela and family, then Bandera early next year. Sorry, Robin! But not sorry enough to stay home.

9 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Just a clarification: Georgia will probably not be a vacation for you. Baking cookies, making pancakes, playing lots of games...THANK YOU FOR COMING!

Ashton told me today that he was excited about the funny-face cookies...a little confusion on his part. I corrected him and he jumped in glee at the idea of it all and then he said, "She sure is good at all that!"

Anonymous said...

Have fun in GA and take lots of pictures to put on the blog.

Galveston can be fun....in January. Note: I hate the heat and humidity but I did have a good time going to Galveston as a teen. Although it may bring you bad memories. Will you go visit your old hospital room??

Anonymous said...

Is that all you did today???

Anonymous said...

Allison, you better hope she was putting the finishing touches on Baylee's poem.

Her birthday is tomorrow right?

Peggy said...

Excuse me, Allison. I had a wonderful day today keeping Sophia. We never got around to taking pictures due to her nap and her Mom showing up earlier than I expected. What a perfect child! I laid her down and she rolled to her side, closed her eyes, and napped for almost 2 hours! I love that kid!

Cristal, I was in the hospital in Lake Jackson, but close enough. Don't want to go back there. Might be put in jail for non-payment on my hospital bill. But I can only send so much a month.

Georgia will be a vacation for me. I will get to see three precious kids I never get to see. And I enjoy baking and cooking for little boys who get so excited about it. I might also clean a toilet or two!

Anonymous said...

Sissy, I'll definitely plan on coming for part of that week in Galveston. James would enjoy fishing with Robin. I will enjoy doing whatever you and I feel like doing. As for Bandara, that would be nice for Deb and I to do for a day or so. Don't want to ruin yours and BB complete vegging out. Thanks for the invites! Love you.

Anonymous said...

That would be fun! But if you have any desire for a man that week, you will be evicted!!!! Just pack PJ's and idea's on junk food. We will teach you the rest (ie: how to get the most out of a dairy queen blizzard....tissues and chick flicks.....rolling the dice CHERYL's way.....four letter words for boggle....how to talk and eat at the same time)

Peggy said...

Cheryl makes fun of me because my dice end up on the floor a lot. I just put a lot of zest into my roll.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, I like people who bake and cook for me. And I have a toilet that needs cleaning too....