Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rhyme Time

A number of years ago I compiled my small collection of poems into notebooks to give to family members and friends. The following poem is one I wrote for the cover page.

My Poems

My poems can take me anywhere,
To places far and wide.
Or enter the chambers of my heart
To reveal what's there inside.

I can climb the highest mountains,
Describe a panoramic view.
I can paint a winter landscape
Though the morning's fresh with dew.

I can write about my feelings,
Somehow it always clears my mind!
And pull up pleasant memories
Of another place and time.

My poems can tell of sweet romance,
Of love that's strong and true.
I can detail every hurt and tear
When that love affair is through.

My poems can travel, see, and feel,
I'm the actress on the stage.
Whatever part I wish to play
Will be recorded on some page.

1995




4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

I cherish my notebook of your poems! You should go on Blurb.com and make us all a hardback book...great Christmas idea!!!!! :)

Peggy said...

Punkin', will you do my illustrations?

cheryl said...

Your poems have so much of you in them. I love reading them. You need to put more on your blog. I have your book of poems, so great....

Donna said...

I would love to have your book. I'll contribute to the fund.