Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Sophia!






My first year with little Sophia
Oh, how she stole my heart!
I melt when in her presence,
There's so much love that she imparts.

She has such a gentle temperament,
I've seldom heard her cry.
She's so filled with contentment
That few tears are there to dry.

How sweet to kiss her silken cheeks,
To squeeze her chubby thighs.
And see the innocent pleasure
In her blue dancing eyes.

It thrills me how she kicks her legs
When I come into view.
I'm as putty in her tiny hands,
Just knowing she loves me, too.

What could be more wondrous,
What joy could be as great?
As loving little Sophia,
My grandchild number eight.

Thank you, Lord, for bringing
Sophia into my world.
My life is ever richer
With this precious little girl.

For Sophia with all my love, Memaw

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, how perfect! Happy Birthday my little princes! You are perfect in every way, I love you, sophia-tortilla-sopapilla-so bonita.

angela | the painted house said...

What a beautiful poem, Mother! Another one right-on!

Happy birthday my little blondie! We love you!

Anonymous said...

This poem fits her to a tee. She is so sweet, loving and SO in love with her memaw.

Happy Birthday little one. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Sissy I love how you fit in that she is #8. I chuckled. The entire poem was beautiful!

Happy birthday beautiful Sophia!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem!...for a beautiful little girl! Happy Birthday Sophia!