Saturday, November 10, 2007

Slumber Party, Week 2, Part 2





We decided to share a picture taken of us when we were 14. That would be way back in 1964. We haven't changed a bit, huh? We still act 14 when we're together. The only difference is that we're no longer boy crazy. Been there, done that.

Today was full. Patty is the early bird and I must be the worm. She took this picture of me this morning while she was having coffee and wide awake and I was still in slumberland. I finally pulled myself from the bed, dressed, and we headed to lunch. Yes, it was almost lunch time by then. We had fun shopping and browsing and picking out Sophia's birthday presents for her party tomorrow.
We found fabulous sales at Kohl's and I walked out with a denim skirt and khaki capris and only spent $14-something. We got home and Patty noticed that the sweater she bought for me still had the plastic security tag on it. It hadn't sounded any alarms when we walked out of the store. So, we had to get back in the car and drive there again. Guess what? It sounded an alarm when we walked in the door. Fortunately, the young man who checked us out was still on duty and he gladly removed it. We were able to walk away without an embarrassing incident that involved police and handcuffs.

Then it was to IHOP for a light breakfast meal and back home to make goodies for Sophia's party. I made chocolate ice cream and chocolate chip cookies while Patty wrapped the gifts. Now, it's time for reading, relaxing, and most likely a lot of laughing.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is with all these early birds? I like my sleeping in!!

Looking at your pictures, you two haven't changed a bit!

Anonymous said...

is that a picture of my mommy without her makeup?

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures of you both. I remember those days.......