Friday, November 09, 2007

Slumber Party, Week 2








OK, are you ready to learn what Patty and I did this weekend, something we felt was mighty bold for us two grandmas? We suffered through a second piercing in our ears. We both chose a zirconia stud that was placed right above the earrings we were wearing. Allison joined the fun evening with us and did a great job as our photographer. One pictures shows us with our goodie bags that proclaim "Just got my ears pierced at Claire's". Our sack included, besides the solution we will need to apply for six weeks, a discount coupon for our next shopping trip and a sucker. We feel so special.

From there, the three of us went to Cheesecake Factory and had dinner. It was Patty's and my first visit and Allison had an array of menu selections to recommend. The portions are large, so we decided to order two sandwich plates and an appetizer. The food was delicious and the company was outstanding.

Before Allison left she changed the ringtone on Patty's phone. She's no longer a Barry Fanilow after his recent political remarks and friendship with Rosie Girl, so the Copabana ringtone had to go. We believe entertainers should entertain and leave the opinionated remarks to us middle-aged women. Now, Michael Buble croons "Let It Snow" when there's an incoming call.

It's late and we're just now having coffee. It might keep us awake, but it doesn't matter. That's what slumber parties are for. Check in tomorrow for another update, just don't check too early.


9 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Darn, I just KNEW it was going to be a tat. Looks good!

Anonymous said...

You need some quotation marks around "copa"...

THanks for allowing me to crash your party. I love you both.

Peggy said...

Why quotation marks?

You can crash our party any time. You are so much fun and we love you too!

Anonymous said...

I wish I got a sucker when I got my ears pierced. I was in Wal-Mart all by myself and nearly screamed and cried like a little baby.

I agree that entertainers should entertain and keep their political opinions to themselves!

So will there be tattoos tomorrow???

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it up close. I like the second earing (never thought I would say that). My my, how things have changed!\\

Sounds like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

"Copacabana" is a title of a song and should be in quotes - right?

Peggy said...

Dee, you're probably right, in quotations or italics. If I were writing a book and not just commenting, I'd be more concerned.

Cristal, no tattoo ever! I haven't digressed that much. The "pain" was not bad, quick and over with.

Anonymous said...

I too thought it was going to be a tatoo. I'm relieved. Bling is always nice. You two look great! I wish I could have enjoyed your two and the icing on the cake, Randee! Can she come to our slumber party in December, or at least to dinner?

Peggy said...

Ladies, ladies, I don't WANT a tattoo!! Never, never, never.

Donna, I agree that Randee needs to attend our slumber party.