Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I Need You, Lord

Lord, I need you here beside me,
My loyal and trusted Friend.
You listen with understanding,
Your patience has no end.

Lord, be my loving Comforter,

For you know what's in my heart.
Work through my hurt and emptiness,
For I don't know where to start.

Lord, be my blessed Redeemer,
I need rescue from my sins.
Keep my eyes focussed on Jesus
So that Satan never wins.

Lord, be my business Partner,
Stand always at my side.
Give me wisdom and direction,
There's no greater corporate Guide!

Lord, be my children's Father,
For they've lost their precious own.
Direct their steps with tender care,
Let your presence there be known.

Lord, be my loving Husband,
My faithful, constant Mate.
Keep your gentle arms around me,
Be the One on whom I wait.

- Peggy Chrusciaki, 1995

This is one of the many poems I wrote when I finally stopped running from my grief and let the hurt and healing begin. Only someone as mighty and powerful as God could mend a heart that had loved and lost such a precious husband. Thank you, Lord.

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

That is a beautiful one that still aches my heart. I read it aloud to Ashton and at the end he said, "Read it again."

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful Peggy

Peggy said...

Thank you, Ladies!