Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ashton!




Our Ashton


On the first day of summer
In the year two thousand and three,
Little Ashton entered the world
And the hearts of his family.

His big blue eyes, his handsome smile
Keep us hypnotized,
His loving, gentle presence
Has greatly blessed our lives.

Heaven must have rejoiced
When God made this little boy,
A mind so sharp that he uses
A calculator as a toy!

Numbers are his favorite
And he finds them any place,
From grocery lists to temperatures,
From Earth to outer space.

We stand in awe and wonder
At our young genius guy,
Whose knowledge is so vast
That his limit is the sky.

We thank our heavenly Father
For in His wisdom knew,
We'd be happier and richer
All because of you!

Happy 4th birthday, Ashton. Memaw loves you so much!

9 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Man, Mom, I have just done my eye makeup!

Thank you for such a sweet, personal poem for Ashton.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful poem BB. You are so talented. The poem sure reflexs Ashton in everyway.

Anonymous said...

I hate to cry!

That really was a sweet poem for a sweet boy.

Happy Birthday Ashton!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Peggy! You're such a great writer and I plan to get your book soon.

Aren't we all lucky to have Ashton in the family?!

Unknown said...

good job mom. I heard the poem last week, nah nah nah boo boo!

Peggy said...

Thanks, everyone. And welcome to my blog, Cristal! You can check out my books at www.simonsays1and2.com. Thanks for your interest. It's a family affair: I wrote the books, Angela did the artwork for the covers, and your brother Clayton posed his hand for the painting.

Anonymous said...

From Sherry:

Peggy, you are so talented. That is beautiful. You need to do it up on some pretty paper and frame it for Ashton. Mine would go "Roses are red, violets are blue".... and then I'm stuck.
I've been to Allison's site and perused the pics. You have a lot of good looking grandchildren!

Peggy said...

Sherry, I admire your talent too. There is no way I could learn court reporting and be coordinated enough to do it justice. I'm a keyboard-peeker.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy! I'm going to check out the website right now!