Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy 5th Birthday, Jude!



A blessed day, the Ides of March,
The year was two thousand and two,
When our family proudly assembled
To love and welcome you.

I'll never forget the smile
That was on your mother's face,
I knew her precious baby boy
In her heart had found a place.

And when your Daddy held you
His chest would swell with pride.
You became his little buddy,
Walking closely by his side.

Your Memaw looked at your sweet face
And immediately fell in love.
Your big blue eyes, your tender heart,
All created up above.

Your laughter is a symphony,
Your mere presence is a joy.
There's every cherished quality
Wrapped up in our little boy.

How God must have exclaimed,
"I'll create a wondrous dude!
And give him a loving family,
And they will call him Jude."

6 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Happy Birthday, Jude! We love you!

Mom, sweet poem! I don't think I have read it before. Is it new?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that poem, it sums up my bubba J perfectly! He is such a blessing and an answer to my many prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sissy,

I couldn't have written one better. Duh.

Happy Birthday Jude! Have a very fun day.

Love you!

Peggy said...

The poem is new and the first of 8 grandchildren's birthdays this year. Thank you, everyone.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem from your MeMaw. She loves you so much........We all do. I remember the first day your mama and memaw called me in Florida to say you were coming into this world! Then I felt you kicking your little feet through mama's tummy. We all knew then you were going to be something special.....and you are. Love you very much Jude

Happy Birthday.....Cheryl (memaws friend)

Anonymous said...

Jude knows who you are Cheryl. You won him over with the sweet treats you gave him on your last trip here.