Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Night With Josh Groban





Actually, it wasn't as intimate as it sounds. Besides, I have children older than him, but a girl can dream, can't she?

Allison, my daughter, treated me to a wonderful concert with Josh Groban. He has quite a following, not just Allison and me. We brought along Sophia to give her an introduction into culture (our variety) and to make sure she falls madly in love with our idol. Apparently she did. Once she sang along with him for a second or two, the rest of the time she was perfectly quiet. We couldn't have asked for a better baby.

Prior to the concert, Robin treated us to dinner at Spring Creek and handed us money to pay for parking or any Groban treasures we might want to buy. Since Josh wasn't for sale, we paid for parking with no other indulgences. My favorite male voice is baritone and it comes out of Josh's mouth beautifully. I'm very conservative about music (you will never see me at a rock concert) and Josh has a soothing and romantic way of singing his songs.

My favorite song of his is You Raise Me Up and it looked as though he wouldn't sing it this time. But when he came out for the second encore, I heard the tune begin and I was thrilled. Allison got to hear one of his favorites too, his lullaby song, which she enjoyed while cuddling her precious bundle who was being a real angel. Have I told you yet how good Sophia was? I'm sure being held by Mommy and Memaw was pretty exciting for her too.
Unfortunately, the picture of our Groban Babe is blurry and doesn't do him justice, but we three concert-goers are there.


Thank you, Allison, my Blondie, for surprising me with a ticket months ago and making me sweat it out until the last moment. It was worth the wait. He was worth the wait. And I so enjoyed my girls night out with you and Sophia.


4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

So glad that you three had a fun girls' night out! Look at Sophia's cheeks in that one picture! Can't wait to get my lips on them in a couple weeks. Wish you were coming out, too, Mom; but I do appreciate all the babysitting you are doing so Randee can.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! What a sweet things to do for your Mother, Randee. You all looked great! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It sounds so self-less the way mom explains it. I really wanted to go to the concert and Mom was a willing participant. He is just a dream and I love his falseto voice, almost as good as angela's. inside joke.

cheryl d said...

When I walked into Jodie's (where I get my hair done), she had her CD player on loud playing Josh Groban....Of course I had to mention that you went to see him in person. The three of you looked like you were having a great time. I miss girl's night out....