Thursday, March 29, 2007

Teen Years Revisited


Yep, that's Patty and me with the Easter Bunny. We were shopping for a bridal shower and happened to pass by the Bunny and photographer. Patty suggested we get a picture. This is not unusual for us. We had a picture made with Santa a few years ago. This goes back to our silly teenage years.

Patty and I had our picture taken with Santa Claus twice when we were teenagers. We thought it would be the cutest thing - sitting on Santa's lap with our short skirts, teased hair in flips or pageboys. Ah, the fabulous sixties. Times really have not changed at all when we're together. We still act like teenagers, laughing over silly things and shopping for girlie items that make us feel good. Prior to the Bunny shot, we'd just purchased flip-flops at Old Navy, the "2 for $5" bargain. We're big spenders, Patty got six pairs, I got four. We also managed to get our bridal shower gifts! And, we enjoyed lunch at El Chico before we headed to the mall.

I skipped out on work for a couple of hours so we could enjoy this outing. Playing hookie! Isn't that just like a teenager?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture. I'm so glad you two are still hanging out.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the easter bunny still alive! Last picture I got from you showed his little basket with cracked eggs and a DEAD bunny!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, what are you referring to? I guess I missed that one.

Anonymous said...

Peggy sent me a joke saying Easter has been cancelled, then showed a basket with cracked eggs and a dead rabbit on the road!!! Poor bunny.....

angela | the painted house said...

Such a cute picture...but I hesitate to show it to Ashton because, you know, it may confuse him even more on who your spouse is!

Anonymous said...

oh Memaw! this is such a cute picture! You LOOK as young as when you started this tradition. Beautiful! It looks like a bunch of great fun with your best friend!

-Candice