Saturday, June 30, 2007

Robin's Gellin'


Robin's feet were tired and swellin',
In his eyes the tears were wellin'.
I was so concerned I kept yellin',
"You and your shoes need to get gellin'!"

Robin was horrified that I wanted to write a post about his new inserts for his shoes. Not that he's embarrassed to have the new accessories, but because the gellin' commercial is so irritating. I agreed, but told him that is what makes it so funny. He cringes now when I ask if he's gellin'.

He's happy now is what I'm tellin'
'Cause the drug store now is sellin'
Cushioned pads to stop the swellin',
Hallelujah, Robin's gellin'!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this one I can relate to! Gellin' swellin' tellin', who gives a .....I can relate they make my feet happy, and happy feet make....whatever.....kinda like getting a corn pad for the first time!!!! Take him with you next time to get HIS toe nails done, put a heart with peggy written on it!!!!

Peggy said...

BB, I can see a giant picture of that happening!

Are you gellin'? For real? LOL

Anonymous said...

You're so funny!

angela | the painted house said...

Sorry I didn't jump all over this one...I guess it is because I haven't seen the commercial. But you know you always have a way with words--even if you are rhyming about feet pads. Remember when you got so excited about putting an actual corn pad in Cheryl's scrapbook?

Anonymous said...

Good for Robin! How old is he going to be in December? ha!

Peggy said...

Robin will be 60 in December. I wish I could add that face that's cracking up with laughter.