Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

Robin and I are returning to the scene of the crime. Or close enough to it. We were married in Vegas nine years ago and although we aren't staying in the same hotel, we're still in Vegas.

We booked a resort at the Hilton Vacation Club which is on the Las Vegas strip. We'd hoped to get a two-bedroom condo, but were only able to get one. This will teach us not to wait so long to plan and book our vacations. Now, if we invite anyone to join us, they will have a queen sleeper sofa in a roomy living room.

We're anxious to visit the local sights, including Lake Mead and the Boulder Dam which I haven't seen since I was a child. In those days, it was called Hoover Dam. The back roads in Nevada should be interesting too. And, of course, there's a pool at the condo.

We will arrive on Sunday, September 16, and stay a week. Don't freak out, Angela! I know your due date and suspect a date will be set for you in late August, but I'm here for you just the same. Robin would probably have more fun if he took someone else along anyway!

Many dates were already taken up and I thought it funny that September 16 was open. That's because that's the date I was admitted into the hospital during our last vacation week. I'm hoping history doesn't repeat itself and this year's vacation pictures won't include some of me in a hospital room with a tube up my nose.

In other news, Robin is leaving this week to spend Father's Day weekend deep sea fishing off of Galveston with his son. That means slumber party time at my house! Come on over, girls!

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Okay, I'm freaking. Both of his grandmas are going to be on vacation while Clayton and I are fending for ourselves with three children in a new city where we don't know anyone.

Peggy said...

I didn't get you pregnant and I didn't move you to Georgia :) But I left a big window there to work with and even if you do have our little boy in early September, I will be there with bells on.

Anonymous said...

Once again James and I are tossing around the idea of going on a short vacation. Las Vegas is always the winner for a short vacation. We are even thinking about September, but, as usually happens, we don't make it. Hope we do though and if we are there at the same time, we'll play a few slots!