Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Patty - Lady Luck

I forgot to mention one exciting episode of our slumber party weekend. There was so much going on that this just slipped my mind.

Saturday night when I went to get ice to make the ice cream for Sophia's party, Patty bought $12 worth of scratch-off lotto tickets. When the kitchen duties were done, we sat down with our coin and got ready to scratch. Pat held up 6 tickets in each hand and asked me which ones I wanted. I chose the ones in the hand nearest me and we commenced to scratch away.

Patty's first ticket revealed a $50 win. Mine revealed a loss.

"I've changed my mind," I told her. "I want those tickets."

"Noooooooo," she said. "You had your chance. I let you pick the ones you wanted."

We scratched our second ticket. Nothing. Patty showed me that she'd won $2 on her third ticket. Mine was nothing. Then, Patty showed me she won $1 on the fifth ticket. All six of mine continued to be losers.

I moaned and groaned some more about my lousy luck and Patty reminded me again that I got first pick. Finally, I got over being a sore loser and told her she was very deserving of the $53 she won. I just hope she needed it more than I did.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the most I've ever won is $10. Good for Patty!

Anonymous said...

The most I've won is $2. Way to go Patty!....Sorry Peggy. :(

angela | the painted house said...

Remember the Christmas when Randee and Brian won $500,000? And then they blew it on Josh Groban CDs?

Anonymous said...

WHAT???

Peggy said...

Cristal, the scratch off was a fake and a very cruel joke.

Anything spent on Josh Groban isn't blown.

Anonymous said...

Did they think they really won it?

And Josh Groban is great!

Anonymous said...

The ticket was real but the way to win was ambiguous. I Heart JG!