Saturday, May 29, 2010

May Divas

Our May Diva outing included celebrating Allison's birthday, the only estrogen-pumped female in our group. I don't know that I miss the estrogen, but happy that my daughter is still young enough to have it. It dates me a little younger too.One of her gifts from Jan and Darlene was this pair of glasses, which has her posing as a believable schoolmarm. Always the good sport. I hope she hangs onto them because they might come in handy in a year or two.
We so missed Cathy who would be celebrating her one year anniversary as a Texas Diva. Unfortunately, a family emergency called her away and we understand, even if her presence was missed. But we did have a bonus. Paula F. took time away from her busy schedule to visit with us again. It was wonderful to see her and we hope she makes it a habit. Nothing like a good habit.


We happily indulged in chocolate flan, compliments of Paula P., the Diva Baker. She can put together some sinfully delicious desserts. Her birthday is next month in June and I'm wondering what possible creation could top the chocolate flan or the carrot cake. Thinking caps on, ladies.

Thanks also go to Paula P. for sharing pictures of our night together. Only one of mine turned out due to my camera's refusal to focus. I'd admit that I'm just not good at photography, but the truth is several others used my camera and with the same blurred results. I love that it's small and metallic pink, but will have to resort to the bigger black one from now on.
Thank you to everyone, for without YOU, the Texas Divas just wouldn't be any fun at all.

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Yep, Mom, Randee may need those glasses in a year! But I dread her 40th as much as she does because that means I'm next!

Maybe when I come this summer (whenever that is!) you all can get together and I can experience TX Divas firsthand. Would Robin mind babysitting? :)

Donna said...

Oh I so hope you can come....we will make a diva out of you!