Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to Allison & Brian!

There's an advantage when a couple shares the same birthday: You're not likely to forget the occasion. And I don't think anyone will let Brian forget that he turned 40 today. And we probably don't have to remind Allison that she is younger.The Birthday Couple are the proud parents of Jude, Baylee, and Sophia. It warms my heart to see how much they love their children. Each child feels extra special and sure of their place in the family. I'm thrilled, too, to know that Brian knows the joy of having Daddy's Girls. There's nothing like it.
I'm so proud of the woman Allison has always been. She was easy to raise, she was loving and funny, and had a beautiful character. Those attributes still shine brightly today. Plus, she's a wonderful, nurturing mother and a loyal and priceless member of our family.
This is my favorite picture of Brian because it shows his great sense of humor. When my book came out, he grabbed a tissue for this photo. I found it hilarious and so fitting. Thank you, Brian, for all the laughter over the years and for being brave enough to join this wacky family.
As part of her birthday and Mother's Day, I gave Allison our hospital bracelets from when she was born. One big one, one tiny one, one huge blessing. And since Angela had asked for my diamond wedding set for her own wedding, I gave Allison a wedding band that Chezzy had also given me. I'm so happy that both my daughters have the unbroken circles that had meant so much to me.

May God bless you both on your birthdays just as He blessed me with both of you.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Randee and Brian. I take it there will be a big celebration for you both. Brian, I hear you already received your birthday gift....a VERY good hand in poker! Randee, you will be one person that will remain forever young...

love you both

dee said...

thanks mom. I miss your womb.

Donna said...

Happy birthday to both of you! I like that picture of Brian also. He is pretty darn funny.

Jan Tucker said...

Happy birthday, Allison AND Brian (wow, the Big 40!) Love the picture of the whole Oster family. Too cute.
Have a WONDERFRUL day.

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, you two!!! I love you both!