Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Baby Update

Angela didn't go into the hospital this evening as planned. She called there to make sure a room was available for her, and Nursezilla informed her that plans couldn't be rearranged for Angela's convenience. Angela explained that her doctor asked her to call and see if she could get in, and still, Nursezilla told her there were women in real labor, women with emergency C-sections, and they were more important than someone who wanted to induce labor two weeks ahead of schedule.

So, there was no room at the inn, and she was told to call back at 5:00 in the morning. Yeah, we're all up by then, just planning our day and whistling as we go. We're all disappointed. We thought Mom and Baby would be sharing their first kiss by the time my own alarm goes off in the morning. Of course, Nursezilla told Angela that regardless of how her last two inductions went, she "has no way of knowing" that she would be ready to give birth by the morning off-to-work traffic jam. No room to even speculate. My third one - Angela - arrived one hour and fifteen minutes after I arrived at the hospital. But, of course, we can't go on past performances.

I hope by tomorrow morning I will be able to report that Angela has a hospital bed and labor is progressing as planned. I hope, too, that Nursezilla is home recovering from her mean shift and learns later that Mother and Baby also had a health concern that needed attention. She wasn't being induced for her own convenience. I'd report her. Angela probably will. You go, Girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope nursezilla isn't on duty tomorrow night. Geez!

Hang in there Angela! I know it's a let down but Callan will be here soon. And report nursezilla!

Anonymous said...

I agree. She sounds like a Lambert! Inside joke.