Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fun In The Sun











We had a wonderful day in the pool. Believe it or not, this was my first time in this summer. The pool water has been too cold for this Memaw! But I braved the 87 degree water to enjoy swimming with three of my grandchildren.


One of the big highlights of the day was watching the progress Jude is making with his swimming under water. Each time he did, his distance increased. We were all so proud of him and he realized he'd made a very good accomplishment too. He even suggested letting him be Baylee's swim instructor. And beside his swimming, he jumped off the diving board a few times too!

Randee and I "pooled" our talents and resources and came up with a very delicious meal for the hungry swimmers. She made this wonderful chicken and eggplant parmesan over spaghetti. It was so good! I provided the salad, French bread, and Italian green beans. Also, I'd baked a chocolate cheesecake, using Randee's famous recipe, and whipped up a batch of strawberry cupcakes for the kids. After feasting on all of that, it was back in the pool for more water fun.


Papa Robin bought a blow-up lizard for the kids to play with in the pool. He also got several pool rockets. They shoot across the pool when thrown, or can be chewed on by Sophia, who had fun splashing in her ladybug pool float. Baylee did her fair share of splashing and laughing today, too. All three of them were happy little fish today.

Now, the pool is still and empty, the kitchen is cleaned, laundry is finished, and so are Memaw and Papa! But the active day was good for us and we enjoyed it so much. Thank you, God, for family!






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun a day! I'm impressed with Jude's swimming skills and the girls loooked so cute! Plus and meal sounds fantastic!

But wow! I am so impressed you braved the 100 degree temp with the 87 degree water! Makes me wonder how many layers of clothes you wear during our "winter" months. haha

Anonymous said...

correction: Plus THE meal

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the fun, Mom. We had such a great time. Sorry for leaving you with a dirty kitchen, but Brian needed a nap. You think I'm kidding. He took another nap when he got home. That's what you get for staying out until 1am!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time. All those bathing beauties (you and Randee included). I'm glad Jude is learning to sweim. I took the boys when they were young and it was worth every penny in piece of mind. Wish I was there...

Peggy said...

Yeah, I'm a wimp. As one ages, the water feels colder and colder. I never felt it as a kid - would water ski in March. But I am a winter person and I wear layers for warmth instead of a coat.

Actually, the water is almost where I like it. I can bear 88 degrees, but 90 is perfect for me. I want bath water.

Randee, I'd rather clean the kitchen than cook like you had to do. Let's make a deal: you cook, I clean.

angela | the painted house said...

Looks like fun! This whale would have loved to float around with you all!

Mom, please recreate that meal when you come visit...you'll have tons of time and energy after doing math problems with Ashton and acknowledging every "look, Memaw" from Juliet all day.

Dee, you look fabulous with your tan!

Congrats to Eduj...I mean, Jude!

Anonymous said...

It is a deal, mom. I can mess up a kitchen!

Angela, there was more than one moment when I thought to myself that the day would have been perfect if you and your family would have been there. We would have rocked the kitchen and had so much fun swimming.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Family is wonderful!! I love you all!

Anonymous said...

I love Baylee's big eyes. They're so pretty.