Thursday, August 16, 2007

Countdown to # 9

Callan John, my 9th grandchild, is scheduled to arrive next Thursday, August 23. Like her pregnancies before, Angela's labs show too must bile acid in her system so labor will be induced. She will see her doctor again on Monday and if there are no changes, the delivery will be set for the 23rd.

Clayton will take off and help Angela the first week or so after they bring Callan home. I will fly there around Labor Day and take over for Clayton as he returns to work. I'm anxious to meet my newest grandson, and spend some quality time with Ashton and Juliet. And, needless to say, I miss my daughter so bad that I can hardly stand it. It will be a wonderful visit, and a hard visit to end.

Ashton and Juliet are looking forward to my funny face pancakes and the cookies I bake for them. Angela has warned me to be prepared to do a lot of math problems with Ashton. I know he will quickly expose my stupidity, but who better to outshine you than a grandson? He will help me brush up on my Algebra, and I'm not kidding. He even creates his own Algebra problems. He may find Memaw a very dull playmate.

Juliet has always had a fear of me. I hope now that she's older and we will spend more time together (not to mention my laser hair removal), that she will warm up to me and let me love all over her. She talks easily on the phone to me, but face to face might be awkward for her at first. I really believe we will become great pals on this trip. I plan to share some of my perfume with her and that should make us instant friends.

I feel really blessed to have nine grandchildren. Each one is so unique and special. Five girls and four boys is as balanced as it gets with an odd number. Thank you, Lord, for Candice, Camryn, Thomas, Jude, Baylee, Sophia, Ashton, Juliet, and precious little Callan.

10 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

We can't wait to see you, too!

Don't worry about Juliet. She will warm up quickly--your hairless face and perfume will help too!

And, I have the calculator that you sent Ashton handy just in case he stumps you.

Anonymous said...

Have fun Peggy! I can't wait to visit them too...whenever that will be. Take lots of pictures and put them on your blog for us.

I think Juliet will warm up to you quick especially with the perfume. She liked it when I pampered her with my makeup brushes. She was my best friend after that. She's such a girl!

Anonymous said...

That alot of grandkids, Sissy. You are a lucky girl! I know you will have fun taking care of Angela and her four kids.

angela | the painted house said...

Donna, by "four" kids did you mean Ashton, Juliet, Callan, and Clayton? Because it can sometimes be so true.

Anonymous said...

LOL! LOL!

Peggy said...

Yes, husbands are often another child to care for. Sad, but true.

Anonymous said...

I have some goodies for the kids, I hope to have them in the mail this week. I make a special packet just for A-Dog!

Anonymous said...

Allison, are you sending him a Barbie doll?

angela | the painted house said...

He would love a Barbie doll.

Anonymous said...

Yes I was including Clayton as one of the four. I know what I'm talking about girls. I guess I do have a child after all.