Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Yellow Guy


It's obvious that I have a thing for Peanut M&Ms and the Yellow Guy. He's so goofy looking that he brings a smile to my face and the candy he represents is my absolute favorite. In case you can't read the size on the bag of M&Ms in the picture, it's the XXL that I bought at Sam's Club. It's 56 ounces of heavenly taste and texture. Don't ask me how long a bag that size lasts in my presence.


Most of my Yellow Guy stuff came from Patty who knows my passion for M&Ms very well. Included in this assortment is a Yellow Guy radio, a phone, several candy containers, a mug and a plush Yellow Guy toy. She also gave me a M&M Halloween ceramic house that lights up. I'd show it too but it's packed away for Spook Day.


While in Vegas visiting the M&M store, Robin bought me the other Yellow Guy plush toy. Also, he gave me the one of Yellow sitting in a recliner. When you raise the handle on his chair, M&Ms drop onto his rug in front of him. Since the rug isn't dusted three times a day, I usually don't keep candy in it.


Randee gave me the M&M car and the large gold M&M. Angela has sent me scrapbooking embellishments from the M&M store in Vegas. Cheryl, Patty, and my kids usually have a good supply of M&Ms for my Christmas stocking. On one birthday, Cheryl used packages of M&Ms as a filler around the gifts she sent to me. I don't remember my age on that particular birthday, but I do know she enclosed the exact number for my age.


Although I love this sinfully delicious candy, I'm not addicted. Not even if I buy the 56 ounce. The fact that I lather my hands with sanitizer when I get in the car after grocery shopping and tear into the bag of candy and chomp away until I get home, is no indication of a serious addiction. It's merely an appreciation for the finer things in life. And I'm not one to indulge in a plain piece of chocolate. If it doesn't have nuts of some kind, it's a waste of calories to me. M&Ms need peanuts and fudge needs pecans or walnuts, and peanut clusters aren't bad either.


Okay, denial is a symptom of dependency. I'll fess up. "Hello, I'm Peggy, and I'm a M&Mholic."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have seen you without an M&M ID of some sort (ie candy coating on the lip, chocolate under the fingernail, peanut stuck in the tooth...) You did get me started on the little yellow guy too. I have a small stuffed one on my piano and a large yellow mug....he is so cute, but my absolute favorite is my M&M nightshirt, compliments of Angela...the sexy green M&M lady with a curler in her hair, coffee cup and newspaper in hand stating she doesn't do Mondays.....

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, good, Cheryl! I'm glad you like it...I'm sure Sid thinks it's sexy, too!

I love the Ms, too. I keep eating them until I'm not really enjoying them anymore, though. That is a sign of a problem. I can hear the distinctive "ting" of the candy dish anywhere in your house when someone is raiding the M&Ms.

Ooo, I think I need to make a run to the corner store for a treat...

Anonymous said...

Just another reason the grandkids love you. My kids know all your hiding places.

Anonymous said...

You don't remember how old you were on that birthday or you don't want to tell us?

Peggy said...

I honestly don't remember how old I was on that birthday, but I do remember I turned 57 on the last one.

Anonymous said...

You don't look 57 at all! I hope I look that good!

Peggy said...

Thank you, Cristal. Normally, I don't feel 57, but the latest business crisis has me feeling 100.