Monday, August 13, 2007

A Card From The Heart

Robin and I received the sweetest card yesterday from Jude and Baylee. They knew they were coming over here to swim and Jude suggested that they get us a card. I so agree with what Allison told him, that a card without a special occasion attached, is special indeed.

It wasn't our birthdays, or grandparent's Day. It was just a sweet note thanking me for making them good pancakes and Papa for watching Sponge Bob Square Pants with them. What they might not know, is I love making pancakes for them and Papa loves any TV show that is geared for pre-schoolers. The note also thanked us for letting them come over to swim.

I was touched that Jude - being of the male gender - would want to give a card for no other reason than to show his love and appreciation. Those are the best cards of all. None of us are surprised by birthday cards, but that rare card that arrives to thank you for being you is really awesome.

I once told a friend, "Jude is so sweet. It's hard to believe he will grow up someday and make some woman's life miserable." I think I was all wrong about this little guy.

Thank you, Jude and Baylee. I love you both!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

I think you said that to me the during his first week of life. He went to bed while the sun was still up because he was making my life miserable tonight. He and Baylee are keeping Ashton and Juliet hours.

Please God, make tomorrow nothing like today!

angela | the painted house said...

Dee, you should put them to bed early all the time! The evenings are wonderful! Except lately...I am just now finished cleaning and organizing.

What a thoughtful Jude! That is remarkable for a young boy.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Randee has taught him well. Good job!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great thing to teach children. It truly makes a person's day. I need to learn a lesson from that too..

By the way, all your grandson's are an exception to the MALE rule.