Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More Old Friends

It was wonderful to get a call from Jan today. She and I became friends in high school, so we go way back. She called to invite me to lunch, then treated me to baked lasagna at Angelo's. She even stopped and picked up a bag of peanut M&Ms for me. That token of kindness endears her to me even more.

There was so much construction going on that we were taking detours left and right to the restaurant. That gave us the opportunity to relive some of our childhood as we passed by places from our youth and the home Jan's grandmother used to live in. We discussed books, family, and old times. It was such a fun time and a needed diversion for me.

Jan is such an "UP" person that one can't stay down very long in her presence. She always has a smile on her face and a kind word on her lips. She never meets a stranger and loves everyone she meets. And she laughs a lot. Laughter is so good for the soul.

Jan is also a great promoter for Simon Says, Books One and Two. She's told all her friends and family about them - and that includes a lot of people. I've tried to hire her as an agent, but she just retired and assuming another position isn't too appealing, and I don't blame her. Instead, she is dedicated to spreading the word and hoping I will get rich because of it. As you've read before, Jan once typed one of my stories for me in high school. This was before I got my hunt and peck down pat.

She's a wonderful blessing in my life and I love seeing her walk into my office at work. Looking up at her wide smile is always refreshing. Thank you, Jan. You're such a dear friend.

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

I'm glad you had a fun day with a friend like Jan. And everyone knows the fastest way to your heart is with a bag of peanut Ms.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the dark chocolate peanut MM's? I tried them yesterday. Really good and dark choc. is good for you?

Thank you Jan for making my sister's day.

Peggy said...

Sissy, I knew about the dark chocolate in plain M&Ms, didn't know it could be bought with the peanuts. Going to the store, brb!

When it was reported that dark chocolate was good for you, I was all over it. Didn't even want to find out if it was true or not. Something we like should be good for us. I hope French fries and pastries are next.

Anonymous said...

Yes they are out and in the stores.

Since trans fats are not legal, I guess french fries are ok?

Anonymous said...

Did I hear CHOCOLATE???? (and I didn't even have my computer on this blog!)

Glad you had a great time. Nothing like laughing with a good friend.