Thursday, August 09, 2007

Old Friends





I enjoyed being a part of a wonderful girls' night out last night. What an evening of fun! My sister, Donna, and I had dinner with two of our elementary school friends. We caught up on each other, discussed old times, and did a lot of laughing.




Donna and her friend, Deborah, met in the third grade. They have kept in touch through the years, even if they don't see each other often due to living in different states. We hope to solve that problem very soon.




Patty, as you all know, and I met in sixth grade and are in daily contact with each other. Patty and Deborah hadn't seen each other since we were in our teens, so it was a real treat having us all reunited.




When Patty and I arrived, I told the hostess there would be four of us and I didn't know if the other two had arrived. She asked if they were very funny women, I said yes, she pointed in the direction of a table and there they were! They had already let everyone know they were full of laughter and excitement at being together. We enjoyed our Mexican food, but loved the sharing even more.




We've decided to spend a day with my parents in East Texas since they, too, got close to our childhood friends. I can just imagine the laughter when we add my Mother to the mix! She's the only mother left among us and I'm sure she will love adding two more daughters to the fold.




Thank you Donna, Deborah, and Patty for a splendid evening. I don't know when I've had this much fun. Or laughed so much! You are all precious and I love you so much. Sissy, thanks for treating me to dinner. You are a jewel! A jewel as in diamond!



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to forget your problems for a couple of hours and let your hair down. Too bad Donna has such an early bed time :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing like getting the old endorphines going again. I'm glad you got away from it all and had some good friends, good conversation and just a good time....

Anonymous said...

It's always good to hang out with old friends. Glad you all had a good time.

Anonymous said...

It was a good time. You looked beautiful Sissy! Looked and acted like you didn't have a care in the world, or was it the booze? Just kidding. She didn't have any.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way I can't wait to get all four of us to the farm. It'll never be the same!

Peggy said...

Sissy, I don't think my tea had any numbing qualities. I think the company I was with had a lot to do with my happiness.

You looked gorgeous and I meant to tell you. We were just too busy visiting and laughing.

angela | the painted house said...

You all look great! We should find the photo of Donna and Debbie from my 3-year-old birthday party for comparison!!!

I love Pat's new color and cut--Ashton wouldn't even recognize his Memaw's lovah.

I'm glad you all had a fun time laughing--it is always a good thing to do.

Donna & Mom--such beautiful sisters.

Peggy said...

LOL, Angela. I told the "girls" that night how Ashton asked you if Pat was Memaw's wife.

I'm giving Pat the compliments I hear on her hair, she hates it and wants it to grow out quickly.

Anonymous said...

Angela, did you have a party we were at when you turned 3? Or are you being funny, serious one?

Anonymous said...

Dee, you know how I get if I stay up too late:(

Anonymous said...

OK GIRLS I'm on another diet. Loved seeing all of you and can't wait to go to East Texas. Donna and Peggy are beautiful woman - of course Pat and I aren't too bad either. Let me know when we can go see your parents. Miss them alot. Love all of you and family.

Peggy said...

Welcome, Deb! I hope you will be a frequent visitor. Donna and I are working on the East Texas trip.

Anonymous said...

Deborah, welcome! Donna, don't you remember the birthday party with the clown who was a child molester? No wonder clowns are so scary.

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb!!!! You made it to the blog!! Keep coming back--I talked to Mother last night about the trip. She is pumped about it.

Anonymous said...

Randee, are you serious about the child molesting clown? Seems like I remember a clown somewhere along the way. Was my friend Deborah there too? I remember she gave Peggy and fam alot of gifts.

Peggy said...

Yes, Sissy, I think we learned sometime after the birthday party that our clown was really into children. Really sick, huh? Rumor or not, I'm not sure. And I think I insisted that Deborah come and bring a gift, lol.