Saturday, August 18, 2007

I Got The Message

It took two experiences, but I finally got the message. A local restaurant chain that serves delicious Mexican food has triggered an ulcer war both times I ate there. There's also another popular home-cooking chain that does the same thing to me. It might be the oil they use.

Patty and I indulged in the Mexican food today and I ate a lot. It was my only meal of the day and I was famished. They serve unique individual bowls of chips with salsa. The chips are different than what most restaurants serve in that the shape is smaller, almost like Fritos, and they are crunchy, greasy and delicious. The grease will get me almost every time.

I'd rather omit a restaurant from my list of places to eat because of a dislike for their food or service. I don't want to scratch one off because the food doesn't like me. Knowing how I reacted when Allison took me there once, I swallowed an acid reducer prior to eating. I took two more when I got home, and two more a little later when the pain wouldn't let up. I'm asking God for a cast iron stomach when I get to heaven.

Before the pain really set in, Patty and I went to a quaint little cafe for coffee, apricot tea, and caramel apple pastries. That didn't help me any. When indulging in instant gratification, we usually pay the consequences later.

Note to self: There are two restaurants who serve food that makes your taste buds rejoice! Stay away! The pain isn't worth the fun. It's kinda like having sex and getting pregnant.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry mommy. I wish I got sick at MI, maybe I'd stop eating there and get rid of my caboos

Anonymous said...

Is it Mexican Inn? They have such good food. Just remember to use protection before sex and before eating.

Peggy said...

Yes, it was Mexican Inn. The other culprit is Cracker Barrel.

I will definitely use protection before eating there again - providing I'm stupid enough to do so - and thankfully, I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. As my daughters will boldly inform you, I have no uterus.

Anonymous said...

And always make sure before you put milk in your coffee that it hasn't been sitting out for a while.....lol lol lol

I can see it now, angels dishing out Salsa and chips and Peggy eating as much as she wanted...that would be heaven!

angela | the painted house said...

I'm glad my uterus is almost closed for business...now if I can just get Clayton in for the snip-snip.

Didn't we pickle your uterus to put on the mantle?

Peggy said...

Yes, we did. And for those of you who eat at my house, you'll be relieved to know it's still on the mantle. Although pickled uterus might make a good side dish . . .

A snip-snip is easier than a cut-cut. Recovery time is nothing. But that's coming from a woman. My kids' Daddy did it for me.

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! YOUR UTERUS IS PICKLED AND ON THE MANTLE??!! I thought seeing my Mom's gallbladder stones was gross.

Angela, I'm still holding out for another neice. Wouldn't that be great!

I agree with Cheryl D....angels dishing out salsa and chips would be heaven!

Peggy said...

LOL, Cristal, my uterus and other accompanying organs probably ended up in an incinerator back in 1989. I may be vain, but that is taking it too far. Don't worry, you can eat in my home without worrying about mystery meat.

angela | the painted house said...

No more nieces for you, Cristal. My uterus is closing up shop. Did you know that uterus starts with the letter U?

Anonymous said...

Angela, are you asking Cristal for a niece?

Peggy said...

I got the hint, Cristal, did U????

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a little girl someday but I need a good babysitter....When will you be moving back to Texas, Aunt Angela??

Peggy, next time I'm over my eyes will be on the mantle and whatever is on my plate......

Anonymous said...

Now that I'm thinking about it, I better hurry up and have that baby girl before my Uterus is pickled!