Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Why Vacations with Friends are so Much Fun!

Remember the good deed Robin did when he offered his portion of the condo week in Galveston to my friends? Well, that long-awaited trip is only a month away. Joining me will be Patty, Donna, our niece Shelley, and we're positively begging Cheryl, Deborah, and Allison to go with us. Patty and I will be there the entire week, while the others can only stay through the Labor Day weekend since work and kids in school are considerations. And, why, you ask, are vacations with friends so much fun? Oh, let me count the ways!

- No one comments on your shapeless nightshirt. They are just glad you're wearing one.

- No parts of your anatomy are grabbed as you pass by.

- No time spent on a smelly pier with bait and flopping things in ice chests.

- No cooking! Praise the Lord!

- No one crowding you in bed. We keep strictly to our own side.

- Makeup is optional.

- Shampoo is optional.

- No "oink" sounds when you stuff a pastry in your mouth.

- Reruns of Golden Girls instead of the sci-fi channel. How many times can one person watch Alien???

- Shared interests, making day planning run smoothly.

- No one cares how you look in a bathing suit.

- No one expects you to wear a bikini. Your friends understand muffin tops and surgical scars.

- Conversation, conversation, conversation!

How much more convincing do you ladies need? Come on! Let's go!

7 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Thanks for inviting me! Sheesh.

Well, even so, I hope you all have a fun time. Hanging with the girls is such good medicine. I'm over do.

Really, none of you are going fishing?

Peggy said...

Angela, if I knew having you in our condo was an option, I'd be begging you, too! Can you go? If so, come on!!!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a vacation....the way you described it!!

Connie said...

You had me at 'no cooking'!
Thanks for dropping in my blog the other day & have a wonderful vacation!

Henry said...

i prefer vacations with my friends to vacations with my husband by far. but don't tell him that! shhh..

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, that would be such fun if you could join us. We can make room. I'll bring a sleeping bag:)

Anonymous said...

Angela, was that a grammar error. Are you over o or over due?

I really wish I could go. I am hoping to be working by the time that rolls around.