Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Celebrating with Rita

My sister-in-law, Rita, is having a birthday this week. Since she's in town for a few days instead of at her paradise country home, I decided it was the perfect time to celebrate. We met at El Fenix and indulged the senses.Being with Rita is always quality time spent. She is an amazing woman. I admire her for many reasons, but the top ones are: how she has cared for her ailing mother for many years now, being the nurse and nutritionist, and being the most caring daughter anyone could imagine. I admire Rita for her faith that spills over into my own life and blesses me. She is always ready with encouraging words and I know all of us are in her prayers. I love Rita for all the extras she does for us, like sending cards, or pictures she has taken, or articles she feels will interest us. And I thank Rita for being a loving aunt to my kids and for spoiling Ron when she filled in for me at work. She's been a blessed part of our family for many years and I can't imagine her not being there.
Happy birthday, Rita, and thank you for loving me like a sister. Donna and I treasure you like one, too. You have a big heart and a bigger place in our hearts. I love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rita!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rita! She also spoils my little girl whom she is a kindred spirit with. She brings her sweet puppy around for Baylee to lay on - ha ha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rita. You were always my favorite wife of Donna's brothers. Would love for you to join our Girl's Night Out next time.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rita. Such a special person.

angela | the painted house said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Reet! You are such a thoughtful person--always remembering our birthdays. And, during chemo, our mailbox regularly held an encouraging card from you. You have inspired me so much in my life--in art and spirit. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Rita, Peggy said exactly what my heart feels for you. I love you so much and also am so happy you are in our family.