Monday, July 28, 2008

Conquered Fear & a Beautiful Smile

The fear of water is a thing of the past. My grandchildren have learned that a day in the pool is lots of fun. Baylee shocked us all by jumping off the diving board. Dad was close by in case she needed him, but she managed to jump quite often without expecting him to catch her. Her Mom suggested that she get a running start on the diving board before jumping, and she did. We were so proud of her courage, but no more than she was!
Jude spent most of his time snorkeling with his face in the water. He also jumped off the diving board to shouts of praise from his cheering section. Both kids have become fishes! Jude, of course, is a shark, his current fascination. He can tell you anything you want to know about them. This kid has cat and dog issues, but he absolutely loves sharks. I'm confused.
And here's our beautiful Camryn with her braces off! Look at that dazzling smile! I'm very tempted to put her and Candice under lock and key.
I got to spend a lovely afternoon with Camryn this weekend. We were at a home party of a friend and I hope she enjoyed being with all of us "old ladies" as much as I enjoyed her. She's adorable!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pool looks so inviting! Congrats to the human fishes! Beauty that Camryn!

Anonymous said...

Camryn is beautiful!

Tell Baylee what a good job she did for me. And Jude too.

But I bet Peggy didn't get in the water since it's only been 105 outside. The water must have been a chilly 85. Bbbrrrrrr :)

Anonymous said...

Camryn you look like a model. So beautiful.

Jude and Baylee are fish!!! (what kind are you Jude?) and where is the minnow Sophia?

Did you get in the pool peggy??????

Anonymous said...

Sophia had a runny diaper and since there are all sorts of things you can catch in poo poo infested water we kept her out. Thanks mom for allowing brian to see dark night! I enjoyed a nice nap through 1/2 of the move. But I can explain... the explosions kept waking me up or I would have slept the entire 2 hours 32 minutes. Too dark and not funny at all!

Anonymous said...

LOL Dee! The explosions kept waking you up! haaaaaa

angela | the painted house said...

That's some great swimming! Wish my two were that proficient at swimming.

Beautiful smile, Camryn!