Thursday, July 03, 2008

Whole Foods, Here I come!


I was told I'd be getting a Whole Foods Gift Card in the mail but I hadn't expected it to be so generous! And I didn't even have to do a good deed to get it. I just had to have a heart attack. It might help, too, that I'm Angela's mother and she's trying her best to make sure I'm around for babysitting duty for years to come. Not that I get to babysit that much.

Angela had already sent me pages and pages of food ideas to get me heart-healthy again. Putting me in Whole Foods without a little instruction is like giving me an engine to overhaul. I don't know what I'm doing. But she knows which foods I enjoyed at her house and what my favorites are that need a little more health and a little less fat and cholesterol. I'm anxious to make my grocery list and go inside Whole Foods like I know what I'm doing.

I think I failed to mention that my cardiologist said the best thing for me is to move in with Angela and Clayton where I will be fed meals that will help me regain my health. And because of my age and experience, he thought they would benefit from my wisdom on raising kids, handling finances, and planning for the future. He assured me I'd be a blessing to them as I managed their home so they would have more time to cook healthy meals for me to enjoy. I detected a hint of envy as he revealed how fortunate Clayton must feel to have such a wonderful mother-in-law. He sounded so confident that this new arrangement would make everyone happy.

Or I can go to Whole Foods and select the items Angela suggested.

Thanks, Punkin! I'm sure my shopping spree will be easier after all your help. I'm ready to sink my teeth into an eggplant sandwich. Yum!

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got it! Going to Whole Food for the first time can be daunting...just take your time and plan to read a lot of labels! HAve fun--it will be an adventure!

Sure, come move in with us. I'm always cooking and there is always enough to share.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Can I move in with them too? I need someone to cook for me and I can tell Juliet all about the boys NOT to date. Unfortunately by experience there is abundant.

When I went to Whole Foods with Angela it was quite overwhelming. So have fun and try not to spend the entire day there roaming around aimlessly. If Angela didn't know where she was going I would have been lost!

Anonymous said...

by experience should be MY experience.