Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Happy Birthday, Camryn!

This gorgeous girl is my 15-year-old granddaughter, Camryn, who is enjoying a birthday today. And as if a birthday isn't exciting enough, Camryn got her braces off today! I can't wait to see her new smile. I just can't imagine it being any more perfect than her smile has always been.

Turning 15 means she is now a candidate for drivers ed. When I think back to that year of tamping a make-believe brake pedal on the passenger side while her Dad polished his driving skills, I can't help but feel that justice is being served. Drive him everywhere he wants to go, Camryn!

Camryn will be a sophomore this school year and has signed up for many required and elective subjects. She sings in the choir and has chased more than a few balls on the soccer field. She has a level head on her shoulders that will serve her well. She hasn't admitted to me that she is boy crazy and I feel more comfortable believing she isn't. More than enough time for boys!

Happy birthday, Camryn. I'll have your strawberry ice cream made before you know it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty girl. Congratulations on getting those braces off. I know it feels so much better. Happy Birthday Camryn! Love you!

Anonymous said...

15, unbelievable....I remember holding you at your Aunt Donna's house. So sweet, and now grown up and even sweeter.....I want to see a picture of your smile minus the braces....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...AND WHAT'S THIS

STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl. I can still remember having you over at my house and you spending the night and me doing your hair in the morning and making you smell like a rose.

I want to see pics of the new and improved grill.

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, Cam! I hope you had a fun day celebrating YOU!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Camryn! I got my braces off days before my 15th birthday and it was the best present ever. But don't your teeth feel really BIG now?

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys! It feels sooo werid with no braces now! and yes, my teeth feel HUGE! its so diffrent! when they took them off, i wanted them back on because i wasnt used to it at all and it felt so weird! But thanks memaw! I love you!!


- Camryn