Saturday, July 05, 2008

Jude...and Sophia in the Spotlight

Sorry I didn't add any words to this masterpiece last night. I was having ulcer pain and couldn't get the video placement and my writing to cooperate. However, the video pretty much says it all.

Jude enjoys having special music. He's a real showman who is comfortable performing for others. Right after his song the pastor asked if I wanted to give my testimony about my recent heart problems and I informed him that I put it in the newsletter instead, and that I write better than I speak. So Jude didn't inherit any spotlight tendencies from me. Angela is right, he is definitely Allison's son.

I hope you noticed when Jude's voice cracked and he had to cough to clear his throat, he didn't miss a beat. He hurriedly said, "I'm all right", and continued his song. It's as if he's been groomed for this his whole life. He has a special gift.

And since Sophia became mobile, she won't sit still. While her mother was filming Jude, she decided to share in the spotlight with probably the hopes of stealing some of it from Jude. As you can see, Jude didn't let a little distraction interfere with his performance. Sophia is the typical little sister, stepping in when she shouldn't.

Good job, Jude. You make Memaw proud! And all the rest of the family, too, of course.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Jude is a really good singer and I can tell he loves being up there. Sophia is so funny just roaming around. lol

angela | the painted house said...

Definitely kids of Randee who don't mind being up front! He had a big audience over here and we loved it!

Peggy said...

Thank you, Angela? Allison? for changing my title to reflect the true meaning of this post. Like I said, I was in pain last night.

Does anyone else want my user ID and password so they can write on my blog? LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL, I love Sophia just calming walking in, smiling and walking away. Jude wasn't affected by any of it....and his "I'm alright" cracks me up. Yes, they are definately Randee's children.....I love it!

Anonymous said...

MOM the cough and clearing of the throat was part of the song!!!!

Anonymous said...

I also like how he adds the little bass line about the time Sophia is up on the stage with him.

Peggy said...

Well, I didn't know that, Dee. Why does a song have a deliberate cough in it?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that special, Jude! I'm glad you enjoy singing for Jesus! Cute Sophia!