Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here's the Proof

It never hurts to document the reasons behind why work isn't getting done. If I leave my office, Parker helps himself to my desk chair. And we don't disturb our pets. Why is that? We will sleep in an awkward position before we will move our pet from their comfy one. Robin and I will comment on how cramped we slept because of the cats, yet neither one of us makes any attempt to move them out of our way. We aren't alone in this. I've had this discussion with other pet owners and it's the same story. We let our furry critters have first pick. I don't have an answer for this, but I can tell you that since Parker has my office chair, I moved to the laptop to post this.When he isn't taking ownership of the chair, he's usually on my desk. Being the organized person that I am, I keep tidy stacks on my desk with the hopes of getting to them soon, sorting, posting, and filing. After Parker has used a stack for a pillow, or chased the mouse he brings to me, the piles are scattered. This is further proof of why I stay behind.
But I have found a way to disturb Parker without him knowing that he's being disturbed. I just ask him if he wants a treat. He will get up and follow me anywhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do the same thing. I think we just love the feel of our precious furry friends next to us. It is comforting. I have aches and pains from lying in awkward positions too!

Anonymous said...

I don't move my cats either in bed. It's sweet to have them there but then my back or neck hurts because of it.

Why do they like laying on piles of papers? Or even just one piece of paper? I'll be balancing my checkbook and Spookie will jump up and sit right in the middle of my paperwork. WHY???

Anonymous said...

Definitely same scenario here. I will be freezing cold but will cover up with the sheet and let Puddy have the blanket. Your right Donna, the love you feel when they are next to you just purrring...

Puddy gets on the table when I do paperwork, but boy does she love Sids shoes or slippers. Always has her head on the slipper or her paws inside the slipper.

I better stop now as I will be writing a story on our cat...I get carried away when it comes to animals.

angela | the painted house said...

I hope you are paying him well!

Heather said...

Oh I am so totally this way, too! However, my hubby is NOT. He has no problem with removing the cat from the bed - or at least his side of the bed - if she's in his way or cramping his sleeping position.

Over the years (our cat is now 6) she has learned which side of her bread is buttered, or more specifically, which side of the bed she can hog. She now only ever gets between me and the edge of my side of the bed, where she stretches out or hogs my pillow (nothing like waking up with cat tail in one's nose or mouth *ptooey*) but is well out of reach of mean Daddy and his floor-plopping arms.

Cheers!