Sunday, December 02, 2007

Trials and Triumphs

Last week was bizarre. Not only did the virus bug make its rounds, but I lost the hard drive on my computer at work and both home laptops could not access the internet. Thanks to my son-in-law Brian, the laptops are now soaring through cyber space. I'd thank him in this post but I doubt he visits here on a regular basis. He knows I'm grateful.

I heard from Kate and Joseph, my guests over Thanksgiving weekend. They are home in Lake Tahoe but not before catching the virus that was rampant in my home. That brings the grand total to 18 who were afflicted. Maybe this family is too touchy-feely and needs to keep each other at arm's length during winter months. We've all recovered and I hope there isn't another outbreak.

I spent part of my Sunday at work with a computer tech who installed a new hard drive and helped me recover my accounting package. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson. I will back up my material more often than I have been. My last backup was for the CPA and that was early November. Tomorrow I will pay dearly when I have to enter two month's worth of bills, invoices, deposits, checks, etc.

My Sunday also included starting and finishing the newsletter - a week late due to sickness and computer failure. It was a real learning process since I did it on my laptop using a new word program. Brian had graciously connected my laptop to the office printer. It was trial and error but the newsletter is done and I'm so relieved. Sixteen pages and a trip to work makes for a full day.

Patty came over last night while Brian, Allison and the three kids were here. She just loves Allison and always enjoys being with her. Patty brought me a pretty necklace, a big tin of popcorn, and - shock! - perfume. It's Rose Essentials by BVLgari. It is yummy!

My reward for a bizarre week is another slumber party this next weekend. This time, Patty and I are adding my sister Donna and her childhood friend Deborah to the fun. Allison plans to join us for some of the activities, which will probably be eating and shopping and laughing and talking up a storm. The weekend can't get here soon enough for me. I'm excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am excited to be included in a famous slumber party. Allison is loved by everyone, so she'd better be present. I wish Angela were here, but I believe she isn't ready for another trip to Texas anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

I feel your computer pain. Getting our internet to work is a nightly phone call to Charter. They even came out last week and "fixed" it. But funny, we're still making nightly phone calls. UGH!!!!!

angela | the painted house said...

Poor Kate and Joseph.

Have fun this weekend--I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

I hope all of you know that I don't shop for sport, I am out for blood. I plan on getting some Christmas shopping done. I won't have the 3 kids with me and I plan on doing some damage.

Love you too Donna and Pat.