Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Night With Our Teenagers





Robin and I had so much fun this evening with Candice and Camryn. They wanted the second piercing in their ears (and I hope the final one) for Christmas so we took them to get stabbed. While there, they were allowed to choose new earrings for Christmas, both a card of 9 stud earrings for when the ear heals, and a pair of cute danglies or hoops for the original piercing.

Both girls were real troopers and Candice didn't come close to fainting like she did the last time. Two ladies pierced their ears simultaneously so they wouldn't have to dread the second stab. The girls were excited and pleased with the final result. I have them each a spray bottle to use with their solution. I found it works best that way.

I told the lady in charge that I have three more granddaughters so I might be back someday. She asked their ages and when I told her 1, 2, and 3, she said this was the best age, less traumatic. I informed her that my daughters will wait until the girls are older and able to care for their ears and make the decision to pierce.

The girls chose Chik-Fil-A for dinner and we visited over our sandwiches. As we were leaving the parking lot we could see the Chik-Fil-A cow inside with his sandwich sign asking people to eat more chicken. Oh! I wish I'd gone back inside with the camera. The girls would have looked adorable with the cow on the blog. Every situation is a blog consideration.

What a fun night with our beautiful girls!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to get a second ear piercing too. But I bet the girls did it because Memaw did it a few weeks ago......

Anonymous said...

Those two girls look SOOOO much alike. I always wished I looked like my pretty sister.

They are beautiful! I'm sure Robin was proud last night.

Peggy said...

Thank you for the compliment, Sissy, but I'm proud you look like Donna. You're a very beautiful woman and it starts on the inside and comes through the skin like a glowing halo! You are blessed and so am I for having a sister like you

angela | the painted house said...

How fun! I'm sure it didn't hurt too bad!

Donna, you are beautiful, too!

Anonymous said...

Why thank you ladies.

Anonymous said...

Donna, you are equally beautiful, and you will always be younger:)

The girls look great, so brave.

Anonymous said...

Enough already...you are all three in my will!lol