Sunday, December 09, 2007

Happy Birthday, Angela!






My heartfelt birthday greetings to my youngest child, Angela. If I were spending this special day with her, this is what she’d receive:

- Breakfast in bed after sleeping in late.

- A chorus of “happy birthday to you” by all family members.

- A long, relaxing foot massage.

- Free babysitting services while she indulges in a manicure, pedicure, and full body massage.

- An early dinner at her favorite restaurant.

- Homemade ice cream and birthday cake, indulged in while I bathe the kids and get them to bed, coaxing Callan to feed from a bottle.

- A long, relaxing bubble bath.

- A good back “sashing” at bedtime.

But since I’m not there, I nominate Clayton to take my place and I know he will do a fabulous job.

On your birthday, Angela, I want to thank you for the wonderful daughter you have always been and continue to be. All three of my children have added their own dimension to my life and you are no exception. I value and cherish your love and devotion. I respect and admire your Christian character. I’m proud of the high standard you set for yourself in the academic world, even though it exceeded my own expectations. You were always a step ahead of what I truly wanted for you.

Thank you for being a loving and nurturing mother to three of my grandchildren. They are richly blessed to be able to call you Mom. And I am honored to call you my daughter, and I love you with a mother’s love that has no end or limits. I thank God for bringing you into a home that felt it needed no more children. God definitely knew best.

I love you, Punkin, and have the best birthday ever.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the best titer in the world. I love you and wish you a happy birthday. Mom, my birthday is just around the corner, I'll take Angela's gift...

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh! Randee's right. She is available for all that pampering.

Happy Birthday Angela. Your mom described you perfectly. You are an amazing woman. Enjoy your day, and know that I love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angela!

Anonymous said...

What a special person you are. I love you....Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

sorry that was me...still can't get it straight!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! If you were here I'd help your Mom with all the pampering. But too bad. It's just a shame you live in GA.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Ping Ping! Hope you had a good one. Ron

Natalie said...

Love you, love you, love you!

angela | the painted house said...

Thank you, Mom, for such a sweet post! I so wish that I could have taken you up on that FABULOUS birthday offer.

And thank you everyone else for your birthday wishes!