Saturday, December 29, 2007

Home For Christmas -- Except For Angela











I finally had Christmas with my kids last night which is something I always look forward to with great glee. The hard part is that this was the first Christmas in 32 years that I haven't spent with Angela here as part of the brood. She and her family were missed and we all mentioned how much we wish they could share this joyous moment with us.

Candice's boyfriend, Robert, joined us this year. He's in one of the pictures with my pretty girls. Buddy, the new Mastiff puppy, came along for the utter delight of Baylee. She was by his side all night long. Thomas is usually hanging onto his puppy but he enjoyed the huge distraction of cousin Jude. The boys always share this excited embrace when they are together.

We had the traditional country breakfast and homemade cinnamon rolls even though we ate at the dinner hour. I thought of Angela more than once as I gobbled down enough cinnamon rolls so she wouldn't feel left out. We even called her voice mail and wished her a Merry Christmas and told her she was missed.

The highlight of the evening was the untimely death of my dishwasher. It overflowed and drenched part of the kitchen, but no harm was done. We will shop for a new one on Monday. Of course it didn't break when it was just Robin and me here. It had to fall apart when packed with the dishes of 13 people and when my sink was already overloaded with pots, pans, skillets, cookie sheets, bowls, a griller, etc. I washed and dried three separate loads and still haven't touched what is in the deceased dishwasher. Now, what is the slogan for Maytag? I guess that isn't fair since it has served me for 18 years.

Shaggy Ron and his wife Leiann are in one picture, and me opening my gifts from Angela, and random shots of the excited grandkids.

Angela, you WILL be here next year!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet post, mom. The kids had so much fun. Jude and I went out on the skates yesterday for about an hour. He'll get the hang of it.

angela | the painted house said...

Ah, man, way to make me feel worse. :( I hate that we couldn't be there. I love all the photos--and I'm glad you did the cinnamon roll damage for me, Mother, in my absence. Oh, cinnamon rolls!

Anonymous said...

Ron isn't shaggy anymore. He looked so handsome yesterday at the farm. Pretty tid!