Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Day Of Girl Fun






We awoke this morning to coffee and more chatter. It got even livelier when Allison arrived, ready to spend a day with adult conversation. Brian stayed home with the kids.

Our first stop was Kincaid's Hamburgers in Arlington Highlands. They boast about their good hamburgers and we weren't disappointed. Adding the fries and onion rings was the icing on the cake. After lunch, we looked through the many shops in the Highlands and purchased a few holiday gifts.

The most fun was pampering my baby, Allison. My money was refused, but Patty and Donna made her look fabulous. Allison selected a beatiful ensemble of black pants, a silver camisole and black dressy jacket for the concert she will perform in tomorrow night. She chose some winter white beaded stappy heels with silver accents. While she was trying on clothes and Donna and I were visiting, Patty grabbed the box of shoes and went to the register. When Allison got ready to buy her clothes she was looking for the shoes that Donna and I were supposed to be guarding. Here comes Patty with them in a sack, already paid for. Such a sweet friend!

Then, to make Allison feel even more feminine and sleek in her new threads, Donna found a store that sells Spanx and bought her a body shaper. We all drooled over the assortment of Spanx and wondered how good they would make us look. I'm the proud mother who gets to see her at the concert all gussied up. She will look beautiful! We all had fun pampering the baby in our group.

Tonight it's just Patty and me and we will spend the evening in pajamas with pizza and books. What a glorious weekend we had and we so look forward to the same group of women getting together again soon. Deborah has invited us all over to swim in her heated pool sometime in the spring. What fun that will be!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had such a good time and I want to thank Brian for allowing Randee this time to be with adults. We had our moments when we acted like adults....didn't we?

What a fun day. Glad we were able to get together. Looking forward to Deb's party in the spring.

angela | the painted house said...

Even though I'm green with envy, I'm happy that you all had so much fun. Make sure you get photos of Titer in her new threads.

Anonymous said...

You missed out, Angela! There is nothing like being the center of attention. Didn't mom get a little stocking stuffer for my titer???

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend. It's been so long since I have been surrounded by the company of women and a good time. I'm glad Randee was pampered, I wish I could have contributed.

Anonymous said...

Had too much fun girls. Loved every minute with your great girls. Glad Randee had a good time Saturday. Larry was missing me alot. Love all of you. HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!