Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas At The Farm









The fourth and final Christmas of the year was held today at the farm. Absent was of course, Angela and her family, Robin and Mike stayed home sick, and James was busy with his horses.

Mother made a Mexican feast, a chocolate cake, 10 pies, peanut patties and fudge. There were about 40 loaves of bread in their freezer for those of us who needed a "Nanaw's bread" fix (sorry Angela). So, as is always the case at the family gatherings, there was plenty of good food, laughing and visiting, and the ever-present Pannell Jabs. Oh, I love my family!

My parents had a special gift for all of us. They had converted all their home movies to a DVD, which we watched while there. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and all us kids were on there. We enjoyed watching a series of Easter celebrations, camping and skiing at the lake, and a final episode of my parents heading for the bedroom on their 14th wedding anniversary. My mother was quite the seductress.

Tomorrow I hope to take down the tree and clean the den, wash dishes in the broken dishwasher (I haven't had the nerve to open it and face the smell of old water) and shop for a new one. I always love Christmas and this one was great. I also love getting my home back to normal once the fun is over. Now, it's countdown to Bandera! Thirteen days!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say it enough OH BOY OH BOY!!!

angela | the painted house said...

You forgot one, Cheryl: OH BOY!

Sorry to miss all that good food! And my family. Not sorry to miss the jabs.

Glad everyone made it there and back safely.

Anonymous said...

I really missed my titer. It just wasn't the same. Jude sure enjoyed playing with all the 6 year olds and Ryan and Troy.

Anonymous said...

Angela, we missed you!

Anonymous said...

Loved looking at all the pictures! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - IT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes DiamondDeb it is going to be a great 2008!