Monday, December 17, 2007

The Birthday Dinner


The Birthday Boy decided last night that he'd treat me to Steak & Shake and I'd treat him to Steak & Ale tonight. I complied since it's his birthday. Robin enjoyed lobster while I devoured a mushroom-stuffed filet. Since he was wearing his blinking 60 pin, everyone knew it was his birthday. And how old he is. Our waiter brought him a French Silk Pie on the house. Robin enjoyed it but I'm sure his appetite is more geared toward French Silk Stockings.

Having his birthday and Christmas in the same month is hard on me. Robin is difficult to buy for and I have to come up with ideas for two occasions. In a short period of time. He wanted new house shoes and a Coleman lantern, which he got. I'm not sure he will want what I'm giving him for Christmas.

All the birthday fun is over, the yard will be cleared tomorrow of the black balloons and banner, and we will again turn our thoughts toward Christmas. I think I've got one happy birthday boy. (Italics generously supplied by my erratic laptop who is getting a mind of its own.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like two yummy dinners!

Mike's birthday is Jan 2nd and my Dad's is Jan 3rd. They are both very hard to buy for and what doesn't help is when I ask Mike what he wants he tells me nothing. Very helpful.

Anonymous said...

When I say nothing, I really don't mean it, but I'm usually at a loss for what I want. I just want what I want when I want it. Just like a woman.

Sissy, you did good. I'm sure he enjoyed all you did. (I think he'll like what you got him for Christmas.

angela | the painted house said...

I can always think of something I want. Selfish brat that I am.

Anonymous said...

I refuse to wish you happy birthday again.