Sunday, December 16, 2007

Slumbering Again!



Robin went hunting again this weekend and that called for another slumber party. I picked up Patty after work and we relaxed with coffee for awhile, then babysat for Jude, Baylee and Sophia while Brian and Allison dined at the Cheesecake Factory for their anniversary. The kids wanted funny face pancakes and I ordered a pizza for Patty and me. The girls were smitten with Patty and Sophia reached for her each time she passed by and Baylee would sit with her and talk. I had to laugh at Baylee when I was sitting there enjoying my gum, popping away, and she told me, "Memaw, you're supposed to eat with your mouth closed." I was duly corrected.

Patty and I made a huge final dent in our Christmas shopping. It was cold and windy and even though we complained as we rushed through crowded parking lots with our treasures, it did add to the Christmas spirit. We enjoyed Mexican food for lunch, something we've mentioned a lot here, but our husbands don't care for the food and we take advantage of it.

Tonight I practiced making bows with the bow maker Allison bought for me. One turned out pretty good and the others need more practice. I also spent a great deal of time making a German chocolate cake for a special birthday you will read about here tomorrow. Those cakes call for a lot of time and ingredients. It's the closest thing to a masterpiece I will ever do. It will surely end up here with the birthday person holding it proudly.

Robin called tonight and he got another deer. That's two this season. There have been times when he doesn't see one at all during hunting season so he's quite proud of himself. This one is a doe which is better meat, but doesn't carry the macho image like a twelve-point buck. I don't see that it matters since a perfect aim is required for both. Must be strictly a male thing.

Time for bed. Tomorrow is a full day with birthday festivities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about Baylee. We have been working on that.

It looks like you had a great time with Patty, as usual. Thanks for babysitting - it was yummy!

angela | the painted house said...

Glad you all are having fun...AGAIN! I would love a standing girls' weekend every weekend! Baylee and Sophia are so sweet!

Bob got a 10-point buck with his bow this weekend and last I heard hoped for one more to give away. Poor little creatures. But, I guess, congrats to Robin.

Anonymous said...

Just don't take him to Bandera!