Sunday, December 16, 2007

Robin Is 60!






Happy 60th birthday to my husband, Robin. He was a mere babe of 50 when I married him and I can't believe he has already reached this milestone. However, it helps knowing he is the "new 60" and has aged gracefully. I'm proud to say he showers several times a day, uses deodarant, brushes his teeth, and is very particular about how he looks. He must not be too old yet.

On this very special day I'd like to recognize Robin for the man he is. When we started dating he had his mother living with him. When she needed him, he drove to Alabama and moved her and her possessions into his home. I'm happy to say I got to spend some time with her before she passed away two months after we began dating. She was so used to Robin's kidding with her that she once asked me not to leave her alone with him. There was a distinct twinkle in her eyes as she said that. I love him for taking this responsibility seriously.

Robin is a gentleman. He opens doors for me and compliments me all the time. He treats me like a lady. And he doesn't fart! Not even when he's around the guys at the deer lease. He believes certain things are private and not to be shared. So, no fanning the covers at our house.

Robin has endeared himself to me the most in how he relates to my grandchildren. Actually, they aren't my grandchildren, but our grandchildren. He freely accepts their hugs and kisses and tells them he loves them. He is Papa to them and I love him even more for that. It's not unusual for him to come home with unique little gifts for them. He has Baylee tied around his little finger and she does him. They all enjoy laughing and playing with Papa. He gets on their level and he's so much fun!

And I love Robin for the love he shares with me, the support he gives when I'm down, the many ways he has always been able to pull a laugh from me, and how he beams when I do. He loves to hear me laugh and I think that shows what a loving, yet simple, man he is. I love Robin because he follows the rules. He drives the speed limit, pays his bills on time, and runs his business in an ethical manner. In so many ways, he is my hero.

Happy birthday, Baby. I'm proud to be spending this special 60th celebration with you. Maybe the changes in you have been so gradual as if not to notice, but I really don't see that you look any different than you did when I married you at 50. Keep up the good work. I love you so much.

Now, let's celebrate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baylee does love her papa. You can tell it in her eyes in that picture. I am so glad she has a man like Robin in her life. Happy Birthday Robin!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Robin;

You caught up to Ronnie today. His "60th" was on Sept. 14th. 1947 must have been a good year!

I see you got your 2nd this weekend. You killed Bambi's Daddy! Glad there are plenty more where that came from. Frankly, I don't see the fun in shooting something you have fed all year but then again, I'm just being a girl! Ha Ha

Hope you enjoy your birthday festivities today. Take care,

Anonymous said...

Have a great one Robin. Sid sends his birthday greetings too! When I get there (lucky you), I'll treat this time for dinner in your honor....keep your fingers crossed I can make it to the restaurant this time....

Happy Birthday again Robin, we love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Robin!!!

What a nice tribute to a very interesting man!