Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Birthday Hunter is Home!






And Boy! Was he surprised! I knew he was almost home so I waited in the yard next to his birthday sign. I waved my hands as he came around the corner. The pictures that follow show him in front of his sign, birthday banner, the tree of black balloons and streamers, and his German chocolate cake. He told me this was totally unexpected and it thrilled him that I had gone to so much trouble.

Tonight, another picture as we prepare to leave for dinner and Robin will be wearing his blinking "60" birthday pin.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a Happy Birthday Robin! Mike is envious of your cake, that's his favorite too. And I love the decorations!

angela | the painted house said...

Great birthday homecoming, Mother! Robin should be more thrilled that you remembered his cake than decorations...to the day I die, Mother, to the day I die.

Really, coveting a piece of that cake right now.

Hope you all had a nice dinner out!

Happy birthday, Robin!

Anonymous said...

Did your Mom forget your cake one year?

I went home for my last year and I didn't get a cake either. :(

Anonymous said...

That should be " for my last birthday."

Anonymous said...

That cake looks WONDERFUL!

Glad you had a good birthday Robin!

Anonymous said...

but angeal, you got a 30.00 cake this year from mom! I just may have to come over and help myself to a yummy piece of cake! How many eggs are in that cake?

Peggy said...

8 Eggs, 3 1/2 sticks of butter, a whole can of coconut, buttermilk, lots of pecans. Expensive cake to make, fattening cake to eat.

Angela, will you ever forgive me? It's not just you, I've forgotten Robin's cake a time or two. No one should have a December birthday. That, too, is my fault. I should have taken the month of March off!

angela | the painted house said...

That poor $30 yummy strawberry cake...good going down...not so good coming up. But that does help in easing the pain of years ago.