Monday, December 24, 2007

My Husband's Gift

Robin and I always enjoy a private, intimate Christmas Eve together, just sitting in the floor by the tree and opening our gifts to each other. He has thrilled me many times with his thoughtful gifts and his childish enthusiasm about Christmas in general. Even though he gave me a perfume set I wanted so badly (like I needed more), and surprised me with an antique iron and a cute camo jacket with pink and pale green, the simple gift he gave me means the most.

Robin knows I like tea sets and he's given me two on separate occasions. They are placed on a beautiful platter with the matching teapot, sugar, and creamer. I don't use them, but I love to look at them. This time, he bought me a child's ceramic tea set. I thought at first that it was a joke since he knows I like them and he thought it might be funny to give me a play set. But no. His intentions were honorable.

"I thought you might like to have a tea party with your granddaughters."

How sweet is that? It totally melted my heart. And, yes, I would love to have a tea party with my little girls. So, come on over! Papa can stand back and enjoy our party.

Thank you, Baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are packing our dress up clothes as I type! That is so sweet, sorry for calling in the middle of your intimate Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Robin is a sweet and thoughtful man. How sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Just when we think.....they come through..... Sid surprised me with some items I never expected and really wanted....He listened!!!!

I liked the video of Jude, Randee!!! Pure excitement....

Your so sweet Robin.

angela | the painted house said...

So, so sweet! Good job, Robin! Way to earn points with the wife *and* daughters!

Now I just need to move closer!