Thursday, December 13, 2007

Santa Jan


Santa Jan stopped by my office today and she was all decked out in Christmas cheer. She breezed through the door with her Christmas shirt, earrings, Santa hat, and a bell around her neck. In her sack she had - of course- Peanut M&Ms, and a needlepoint coaster she'd made for me with my initial on it. What a sweet, thoughtful friend!

She'd just returned from her old job where she presented her handmade coasters to many co-workers. Since Thanksgiving she has made well over 30 of them. Busy Santa! I don't think she had elves to help her. Everyone at her old job just can't stand that Jan is retired, happy and stress-free. I envy her for that, too!

Thank you, Jan, for the special treats and especially for your friendship. You are always a joy. And happy birthday tomorrow to your granddaughter, Maisye. Wow, 11 years old and a little doll. Love you, friend.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise. I want to retire!!!

Anonymous said...

You're an easy person to buy for. Just give you some peanut M&M's and you're happy! I wish I would have drawn your name this year.

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture! You need that in a frame.

Peggy said...

Yes, I'm easy. Although if the M&M shelf at the store is bare, perfume is a very expensive alternative.