Monday, December 10, 2007

All About Allison





Or the Triple A Club. First of all, I want to wish her and Brian a happy anniversary. Today is their 12th year of married life. This union has produced three precious children - Jude, Baylee, and Sophia. These lucky kids have two loving, involved parents who dote on them, instruct them, and love them to pieces. They are indeed blessed.

The wedding 12 years ago had a Christmas theme and the most beautiful bride I'd ever seen (7 months later I'd feast my eyes on a bride equal in beauty when Angela tied the knot with Clayton). Allison looked radiant on the arm of her Papaw as she came down the aisle. As her mother, I felt so proud. She and I already had mileage with Brian. They had dated for a long time, he spent weekends at our home, he was a pallbearer at Allison's Dad's funeral, and he literally had to date three, single, lonely women. Officially adding him to our family meant a lot.

So, happy anniversary to Allison and Brian and be assured babysitters are standing by to allow you two an evening out on the town. I love you both.

Now, a glowing account of the Kindred Voices concert last night. All the ladies looked lovely in their festive attire, as you can tell from the group photo. I love to hear them sing! It's always such a treat for me. Not only do their voices blend in unison, but I have a soft spot in my heart for each one. All solo parts were done to perfection. Hannah, the baby of the group, has a spectacular voice and excellent control. Joyce sang her traditional Christmas song as beautifully as ever. Allison and Tammy sang my favorite song, Breath of Heaven, and both their solo parts were excellent. Good job, ladies!

My date for the evening was Jude. He brought along a toolbox full of note pads and a pen. He drew microphones for everyone in the audience and took food orders (for the fellowship dinner that followed). Nothing shy about this boy. I wrote I heart you on his palm and he did the same to me. So sweet. He also gave me more art for the fridge. One note tells me he loves me and the other has his name so I "won't forget who he is", like I ever could.

Allison, as you can see, looked beautiful in her new clothes. She received many compliments on her outfit and shoes. She looked precious and I know she felt as beautiful as she is in all our eyes. She even raised her top a tiny bit and showed her singing group what Aunt Donna bought for her. It was a great night and an uplifting way to enter the Christmas season.

Again, happy anniversary to Allison and Brian. I'm waiting for the babysitting call!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it is hard to believe Randee (Allison) is old enough to have been married 12 years! Somebody is getting old. Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

Randee looks beautiful and I'm sure her song was too. I just love to hear her sing. Love you kid!

angela | the painted house said...

You look beautiful, Titer, as always! I love the photo of you with your boy.

Speaking of whom, Jude is so thoughtful. I'm still getting over him wanting to clean up Sophia's vomit.

We should let Brian take me, Dee, and Mom out for old time's sake.

Anonymous said...

I'll be lucky if I get a night out alone, I don't know if he could handle the 3 of us now. Sorry, he has replaced mom and angela with 2 younger models: Sophia and Baylee.

I haven't seen any stretch limos or flower trucks on my street today. I guess I'll just stand at the front window and wait 'till they do. (I know this is making Angela sad remembering how my sperm doner left me standing at the window all night waiting for our special birthday date when I was about 6 years old - good times)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Allison and Brian! How long did y'all date?

I love your new outfit! You look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

we have been together for almost 17 years. So, we dated for alost 5 years. Wow! 17 is a big number. We started dating right before Candice was born.

angela | the painted house said...

Titer, WHY did you have to bring that up?

And, Mom, Randee a triple A? Yeah, maybe when she was 11.

Anonymous said...

That's a long time!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late, but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Randee and Brian.

You look just beautiful Randee, I wish I could hear you sing. And Jude....so handsome...