Friday, June 20, 2008

Update on Mom

Mom is doing lots better. She is out of ICU, she would have been out sooner but there was a bed shortage. Her spirits are high but she'd love a shower. Thank you to Pat for bringing her some make-up and toiletries - she knows mom so well. She had lots of visitors today - all 3 of her brothers, 2 sisters-in-law, a friend that she went to school with that works in the hospital and heard she was there, and Ron and me.

Donna stopped through yesterday - what a great sister.

Mom's brother Gene had the quote of the day. As he was leaving he patted her on the leg and said "Well, I'm glad I didn't have to get my dark suit out and press it." If that doesn't say I LOVE You, what does?

Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers - you are all awesome.

Also, as I was about to walk out the door to go see mom Jude said that he wanted to write a note to the doctor. The note said: Dr Work hard on my memaw - Jude 6

So sweet. That sums it up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jude is SO SWEET!

And your Uncle Gene is funny!

Glad to hear she's feeling better. Hospitals are no fun though so tell her to try to get some rest in there.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to hear your voice yesterday.

Just do whatever the doctor says so we can see your smiling face a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time......

love you BB

Anonymous said...

It was so good to hear your voice yesterday.

Just do whatever the doctor says so we can see your smiling face a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time......

love you BB

Anonymous said...

man, did I botch that comment up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad she is out of the ICU. That place is for sick people:)

Anonymous said...

That was such a precious thing for Jude to say!! Those are the sentiments of all the grandchildren. And all the rest of us.

Peggy said...

I will cherish Jude's note to the doctor. I have some sweet kids!