Saturday, June 14, 2008

For Angela and Rachael


Angela and Rachael, your mothers have a new BFF! We figured if our daughters can be best friends, we could accomplish the same thing. Not that it was hard, mind you. Our new friendship was immediate and we are thoroughly enjoying it.

Sharon has been visiting our church and brought her husband, Ron, today. I'm hoping they won't consider the drive to be too lengthy, especially with the horrible gas prices. I honestly believe both of them would be a tremendous asset to our church. Not only is Sharon a pianist, but a loving spiritual leader. She's such a gentle, friendly lady. Imagine someone like her being friends with me, who can be abrasive and unpolished sometimes???

Besides having the honor of her friendship, I'm excited that Sharon has agreed to write a women's page for our newsletter. As editor, I'm always looking for new features and especially ones that are inspiring and uplifting. Sharon has a special burden for women and their spiritual needs, and I know her contributions will be a blessing. Since most of you don't receive our newsletter I hope to post some of her messages here. I want to encourage her to begin her own blog. I think we'd all enjoy getting a head start on the day by having a devotional with Sharon.

Rachael, dear, your mother is priceless and I see why you are a magnificent woman with the example you have had. Sharon and I are a little behind you and Angela as far as friendship goes, but I have a comforting feeling that we will catch up real soon.

8 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

So sweet! Oh, I need a Rachael fix! You both look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm confused. I thought Rachael's father passed away in March?? Different Rachael?? Oh, maybe they weren't still married? But I thought they were. I'm confused.

Anonymous said...

Me too Cristal, but I was afraid to ask. Leave it to you:)

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing

Anonymous said...

Calling Peggy....come in Peggy....your readers are confused!

PS. I debated on whether or not to ask.

Peggy said...

So sorry about the confusion. Rachael's parents were married to others.

Anonymous said...

ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Anonymous said...

That took care of that!