Friday, June 06, 2008

Pool's Open!

Robin officially opened the pool a few days ago when he jumped in to cool off after working outside. He's tried to encourage me to get in, but the water temperature of 82 degrees feels like ice water to me. I assured him that I was content to watch him swim.

Allison brought the kids over yesterday to swim after we enjoyed a wonderful lunch of Mexican food. Jude and Baylee had no problem braving the water, but Allison and Sophia were a little more reluctant. I asked Sophia several times if she wanted to get in and she just pushed my face away from her. I got the message.

The pool is always a hit with the grandchildren who have summer birthdays. With swimming and plenty of food, their parties are a hit. Aside from birthdays, I promised Candice and Camryn a pool party this summer. They can enjoy their friends while Memaw supplies the food and snacks. I hope I remember how much teenagers eat, and how loud they can get.

When Allison left yesterday I went to the shop to dole out the paychecks. Thomas was there with his Dad and I spent a few minutes with him. He's excited about being a 2nd grader next year and his parents are proud that he scored very well in a higher reading level. Good job, Thomas!

Candice will enter the brand new school year as a senior which is hard for this Memaw to grasp. Camryn will be a Sophomore, Jude will enter Kindergarten, and Ashton will be homeschooled. My grandchildren are growing up too quickly.

When this Texas heat gets to being too much, come over for a dip in the pool. I promise that by July it will be a comfortable 88 degrees. I prefer 90, but will accept 88.

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

What? No pics?

Glad you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

We did have a great time. Jude said it was better than Sea World. I wish I had known that 7 days and $500.00 ago!

Anonymous said...

It's 95 plus degrees outside yet the water is too chilly for you?? I'm so hot natured I'd still be swimming in January.

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over!