Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Special Delivery - Love



One of the many blessings of having grandchildren is the adorable little notes that come in the mail.


Ashton wrote his own thank you notes this year for his birthday gifts. How thrilling it was to open it and find his words in his writing! He sent one to my mother and she, too, said it was a keeper. It was so sweet and meant so much to me.


We received another note in the mail this week from Jude. He'd called me to tell me the mailman would be bringing me a letter. He was really pumped about it. When we received it, we called and told him and he really got excited and wanted to know what the letter said. We told him it said I love you (actually, as you can tell, it's I then U, then a heart). He asked me to keep it to remember him by.


Thank you, sweet boys! I will definitely keep these notes because they are so sweet. But I assure you, I need nothing to remember you by. You are in my hearts all the time. I love you, guys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute of Jude to say to keep it to remember him by!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jude is a whole 15 months older than Ashton but Jude's parents are not intellectual prodigies.

I just don't have the heart to tell him he is really saying I you love.

I too got a ty note from Ashton and it was in 3 languages.

Anonymous said...

Sweet boys, and their moms are good to teach them to send thank you notes. Even I am not good to do that.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly Donna. All those years my parents made me sit down and write thank you notes. Now we know how the recipient feels when they get one. Especially just to say I Love You....

What beautiful Grandchildren...

(Randee you are so funny!)

angela | the painted house said...

I'll have to show Ashton tomorrow--he will be thrilled that you posted this! I think "I you love" is special--that is how you say it in Spanish: Yo te amo.