Thursday, July 26, 2007

Book #3 In Progress

Sorry, no picture of me sitting at my laptop creating a best seller. Ha! But I am working on chapter 14 of Sacrifice. It's been a slow process. I'm preoccupied with work issues and writing has been a struggle. I see some major editing in the near future.

Sacrifice is the story of Ava Hennessy, a young widow, who marries an older man in order to keep her father out of prison. She believes her father is innocent, but can't prove it. Benjamin Brodie, her boss and the President of Brodie Express, has promised to drop all charges of embezzling if only Ava will marry him and take his lonliness away. She enters into a business-type contract with Benjamin, with the stipulation that she can leave once the debt is paid in full. Benjamin, however, is convinced she will fall in love with him and begin viewing their relationship as a marriage instead of a business arrangement.

Benjamin has three grown children. Clark, the oldest, is bitter and moody. Nathan is happily married and constantly dealing with the restraints of asthma. Felicia is a spoiled Daddy's Girl who is used to getting her own way. Greta, the housekeeper, is a fiesty German lady who has kept the Brodie home together.

Max Raney is Ava's father. He's keeping his administrative leave a secret from his daughter, claiming it's time to retire. Chloe St. James, Ava's best friend and confidante, is the only one who knows the real reason why Ava consented to marry Benjamin. And she's vowed to keep her mouth shut.

Madeliene Raney and Celeste Brodie are deceased, but still making an impact on their families. Officer Luke Hennessy, Ava's beloved husband, was killed by a drunk driver.

Angela will again make the cover for this 3rd book. I've sent her what I have so far so she can get a feel for the story. I don't expect a finished cover any time soon with her move and a new baby scheduled to arrive in a few weeks. But it wouldn't surprise me if the cover is done before the book is!

I spend too much time playing computer games when I should be writing. But times do come around when I feel myself thinking more and more about the book and anxious to write. I just wish those times would come more often. If I don't feel "inspired" to write, nothing good comes from it.

I'm hoping this progress report will find me itching to get back to the laptop and pull up Microsoft Word instead of searching for hidden objects or popping balloons. This may not be an exciting post, but it beats the snake pictures.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed. Can't wait to read another one of your books. You are so talented and I'm so proud you are MY sister. Love you!

Peggy said...

You're so sweet, Sissy. I don't know about talent, just know I enjoy writing. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading that one as well. Sounds intriguing. I'm still trying to find the time to get started on Simon Says. I can't wait to start!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting story line. Remember, no rush, just enjoy having a stress reliever to go to that is meaningful. I say no rush, then again your avid fans might not like that!!! I'm so glad you did this post, it was awful getting on your blog to see Ying and Yang there doing their thing!

Have a good time this weekend....

Love you

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a really intresting book.

angela | the painted house said...

Take your time, Mother. While I am honored to do your cover, I have not a clue when I will be able to get it done. One day at a time, Sweet Jesus.