Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Date With Camryn




As our custom is, Camryn and I shopped this afternoon for her upcoming birthday. We went to Northeast Mall to visit some specialty stores that she likes. She found a cute top, but didn't model it for me in the store since my camera bag was slung over my shoulder. I bought the top and told her grandmas are supposed to embarrass.


Next, she wanted to browse Victoria's Secret. Yep, I have a granddaughter - two, in fact - old enough to suggest a trip to VS. She picked out two tubes of lip gloss in yummy flavors. When we got in the car, she immediately applied bubble gum lip gloss.


We left the mall and went to splurge at Chili's. We ordered chips and queso, burgers and fries. As a special birthday treat, Camryn had a chocolate shake to go. Robin had told her over the phone not to belch in the restaurant and I'm proud to say that Camryn acted like the lady she is.


Camryn was sporting a brand new Coach purse, compliments of her Mom and Dad for her 14th birthday. Weekend plans include a gathering of friends to stay at the Gaylord Texan. Once she's back home on Sunday, I will take her the traditional homemade chocolate ice cream that I always make for their birthdays.


I always have such a good time on these outings with the grandchildren. Spending quality time with each one is a blessing. And I love my part in making their birthdays special. Camryn is a joy and a beautiful girl, inside and out. She's looking forward to entering high school the end of August. Our pretty little girl is growing up. Thanks for a wonderful afternoon, Camryn. I love you dearly.

8 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Man, she's gorgeous! Happy Early Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Camryn, you are such a beautiful girl, I love you and Happy Birthday early!

Camryn said...

i had so much fun with you tonight!! i love you so much memaw!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Camryn....from Clay's sister.

I remember you as being a little girl and now you're basically all grown up! You were a beautiful child and now you're a beautiful young woman! Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Camryn and Candice favor. Both are such beauties! Happy birthday Camryn. You are a special young lady. I'm glad you got to spend time with your memaw. Love you!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A LITTLE DOLL!!!! Camryn I can't believe how grown up and gorgeous you have turned out. I am glad you were so active in sports before as you will be beating the boys away!!!!

Happy Birthday Sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gunka! I love you.
Dad.

Candice said...

TWIN! =]

I love you sissy! Happy birthday!!! And even though your growing older-you will always be my little sis! [So dont take my overprotective nature as an insult]

Love you, & pretty pictures!